The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HI Officer (Developer)
Department: Strategic Information
Reports to: Health Informatics Lead
- The Health Informatics unit of the department of Strategic Information is responsible for implementing information systems that will support IHVN’s public health interventions at the central, facility and community levels.
- The role of the Developer will be to support the development of solutions as required to improve program efficiencies.
- These solutions will include but not limited to developing custom modules for the EMR, enhance existing functionalities and develop solutions to improve efficiencies in line with our very dynamic public health program needs.
- The job requires a highly skilled full-stack software developer with experience in building web applications using Java/PHP who will be responsible for supporting the development of solutions as required to improve program efficiencies.
- These solutions will include but not limited to developing custom modules for the EMR, enhance existing functionalities and develop solutions to improve efficiencies in line with our very dynamic public health program need
- The position also requires analyzing program requirements and business objectives, determining application features, functionalities, recommending and implementing changes to existing Java/PHP-based applications, among other duties.
- Enhance the functionality of the Nigeria Medical Record System by building custom modules in line with the dynamic needs of the program.
- Enhance the functionalities of existing Health Information systems.
- Test components, NMRS modules and applications (mobile and web) developed by other collaborators before deployment.
- API integration of different Health Information System for a secure data exchange.
- Ensure that standard software development processes and protocols are followed in in all software projects (Clean Coding, Architecture, Documentation, Source Code management)
- Any other responsibility as maybe deemed fit assigned as our Health Information System needs evolve with time.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the HI Lead and the Director of Strategic Information.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Information Technology.
- A Master’s Degree in Information systems, Computer Science or a relevant degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in relevant field, experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Certification in programming language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Core Java Programming Language (Java 8).
- React JS Framework.
- Java/Spring Framework for backend.
- Understanding of System Design and Clean Coding practices.
- GitHub and Git Repository management.
- Strong SQL Foundation, understanding MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience customizing information systems like Open MRS, DHIS2, Nigeria Medical Record System, ODK Collect, and Lab Information Systems is added advantage.
- Experience working with XML and JSON data encoding formats.
- Experience in working with Ubuntu OS and Linux environments.
- Experience developing Mobile or Web Applications to support public health programs will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices will be an added advantage.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications especially Excel and Access.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work during weekends.
The following certifications and ability to demonstrate technical capacity will be an added advantage:
- Java Certification (OCPJP, OCPWCD, etc.)
- Linux Certification
- SQL or Database Certifications
- Health IT Certification
Deadline: 21st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.