Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos and Niger with over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant – Theatre
Job Code: #NL00005
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Reporting to the Matron, the Theatre Assistant is responsible for maintaining a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery.
- The incumbent is expected to prepare the operating room by washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment using the approved disinfectants by Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- The incumbent is also responsible for preparing patients for surgery as well as transporting patients between the ward and operating theatre.
- Ensure the positive identification of any patient by verbal confirmation asking the patient their full name and date of birth on collecting the patient from the reception area.
- Set up the operating tables and theatres prior to procedures.
- Assist the theatre teams in the operating theatres as required and directed to do so.
- Moves the patient to the recovery room after surgery.
- Assists the surgical team to put on scrubs, gloves, masks, and gowns.
- Ensure that all theatre trolleys used for moving patients are kept clean, fully equipped with O2 bottles and canvasses as required.
- Work with the Theatre team during emergency situations providing additional support.
- Clean and tidy theatre areas after surgery.
- Responsible for clinical waste disposal.
- Moving patients from the ward and transporting them to the operating theatre.
- Ensuring that surgical instruments and equipment are properly prepared prior to the operation.
- Counting and documenting surgical instruments used in theatre during an operation.
- Cleaning the operating theatre before, between and after operations, adhering to hygiene and infection control protocols.
- Maintain a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery.
- Washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment before surgery.
- Prepares the patient for surgery by washing, shaving and disinfecting incision sites.
- Provides assistance to the surgeon during surgery.
- Perform other related duties as required
- WASC Certificate or equivalent
- Certificate in Senior Community Health Extension Works SCHEW is preferred
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology preferred
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent housekeeping skills and adherence to hygiene and infection control protocols.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- The ability to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
- The ability to reassure patients and help answer any questions they may have.
- 2+ years of proven experience as a theatre assistant or in a similar field.
- Patience and empathy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Code as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 12th April, 2021.