Job Title: Health Financing Advisor
Loactions: Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa, Borno, and Yobe
- An NGO wishes to hire Health Financing Advisors for several states in northern Nigeria, to serve as the strategic and technical lead in the state providing advisory support to key government leaders and institutions leading healthcare financing reforms and support the state government’s goals towards achieving universal health coverage for its population.
- The Health Financing Advisor will support the development and implementation of distinct health financing initiatives, ensuring impactful results by leveraging global expertise and technical strengths to generate lasting systemic change.
- Lead the development and implementation of technical assistance and capacity building support on domestic resource mobilization, pooling, resource allocation and strategic purchasing targeted at state level stakeholders.
- Lead the provision of technical assistance support to state agencies implementing health financing reforms towards the achievement of universal healthcare.
- Lead stakeholder engagement with governmental and non-governmental partners implementing and supporting health financing reform activities in the state.
- Lead the development of analytic and evidence generation products that support state-focused demand side financing initiatives.
- Participate in technical working and advisory groups that support healthcare financing initiatives in the state.
- Support the formulation of high impact policy recommendations and deliverables for the construction and implementation of the state work program deliverables.
- Maintain and ensure that activities are aligned with broader project and programmatic objectives.
- BA with 5 years of relevant global health experience or MA with 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience and interest in health economics, healthcare financing, and policy development.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluent command of English.
- Strong and compelling written/verbal communication skills and ability to develop and give high impact presentations.
- Track record of conducting research activities including quantitative and qualitative analyses, developing high impact and high visibility technical reports, and policy briefs and presentations.
- Proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders implementing health reforms globally and in Nigeria, and in the Northern States preferred.
- Logical, structured and creative solver of complex problems.
- Experience and knowledge of the Basic Healthcare Provision Fund.
- Relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank.
- Experience working on large scale, multi-partner, donor funded and/or government projects in Nigeria, and in the Northern states is highly desired.
- Familiarity with existing regulations and framework around health care financing reform in the Northern states, as well as nationally is a plus.
4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume with a Cover Letter which should include their desired salary and location to us at: Jobs@hrsng.com referencing Vacancy "HFA" in the subject line.
Note: Only candidates we deem qualified will be contacted. All selected candidates will be required to successfully complete a comprehensive and thorough background check, before employment commences.