Eatwell is a retailer of a wide variety of raw, and value-added meats, seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Our products include wholesale and retail size cuts of beef, lamb and pork, diverse poultry items such as chicken, duck, quail and wide selection of seafood to include fish, crabs, calamari, and octopus.
Semi processed items like burger patties, meat balls, sausages, pre-marinated kebabs, are also offered, alongside ready to eat snacks. Our lean meat and superfoods section for the health conscious is supported with our in house food advisory staff. We offer convenience across all our sales channels and you can experience this by either walking into our store or shopping via any of our shopping channels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Operations
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The recruiter is a food service company with the vision to change the narrative of food business in Nigeria. The underlying concept of our business is healthy and convenience food prepared in a clean hygienic environment for the various palate in Nigeria.
- Although the primary role is operations, the successful candidate will be part of the management team carrying out functions with other members of senior management to ensure the proper running of financial, administrative and operational goals of the business.
You will be responsible for operational and people management. You’ll need to:
- Run the outlets through managers
- Plan and work to budgets, maximize profits and achieve sales targets set for the business
- Coordinate staff scheduling, motivate and encourage staff to achieve targets
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the restaurant and retail outlets comply with health and safety regulations
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained
- Implement and instill in your team company policies, procedures and ethics
- Implement branded promotional campaigns from head office, including the handling of point-of-sale, promotional materials, or other promotional campaigns that can generate sales.
- Prepare reports and other performance analysis documentation
- Report and analyze the performance of the business to the management
- Ensure QC, QA and Market competitor analysis are carried out
- Hours of work are generally long, should be willing to work evenings, weekends and on public holidays.
What to Expect:
- The environment is fast paced, with an emphasis on delivering good customer service in a limited time frame.
- You may spend a lot of time ‘walking the floor’, moving around on foot or standing.
- The work can therefore be both physically and mentally demanding.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- A food creative person that is interested in food business
- At least 10 years post NYSC experience
- At least 3 years in supermarket/hotel/ QSR experience with exposure to all aspects of running a QSR or supermarket comprising of butchery, storage, cold chain management and hygiene in food and meat preparation or running a mid to big size hotel
- Good IT skills particularly with POS and ERP software
- Good managerial skills
- Must possess previous roles of middle or senior management in food retail or supermarket management.
- Must have training and knowledge of commercial food preparation, storage and hygiene regulations.
You’ll need to have:
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- Self-motivation and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills
- Eye for detail
- Energy and stamina, as well as resilience
- A results-driven approach to work
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Deadline: 20th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Head Operations” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.