Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
About the Head of Finance role
- As Head of Finance, you will be ultimately responsible for the overall financial stability of the business and will lead all aspects of our finance functions.
- This includes overseeing the existing finance units: finance & strategy, treasury, finance operations (payroll, tax, vendor payments) and accounting.
- It also includes ensuring statutory compliance (financial reporting, tax) spanning all our current and future markets (i.e. Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya etc).
- You will partner with the company to help drive our growth. This includes working closely with the expansion, product, engineering and commercial teams to achieve our ambitions.
- At the same time you will implement and manage necessary processes, systems and controls to minimize risks and financial losses.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a high growth technology or regulated company with a track record of having built and led high performing finance teams.
- The role is remote-friendly (within a +/- 3hrs time zone from West Africa time), with frequent travel to our country of operations required.
What you’ll be doing
- Implement a system of robust internal controls over daily finance processes (including revenue & cost monitoring, merchant settlements, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, daily cash movements, payroll and employee benefits)
- Support the budgeting process and general long-term financial planning (including cash flow forecasting)
- Improve financial reporting efforts to ensure timely and accurate production of monthly financial results across all entities in multiple jurisdictions
- Liaise with external auditors for annual financial audits and preparation of consolidated financial statements (incl. Signing off on audits on behalf of the company)
- Support treasury operations as we expand to new countries and add new currencies - this includes minimizing risk from currency devaluations via hedging etc.
- Support compliance team to ensure we conform with regulatory requirements
- Ensure all tax filings across all jurisdictions are met
- Recruit, manage and develop a strong performance-oriented finance organization, capable of supporting our growth to new products and countries
- Build relationships with existing and prospective bank partners to optimize processing costs and financing facilities (including overdrafts)
- Partner with other areas of the business, including engineering, product, expansion, sales.
- Advocating for, and mentoring finance leaders who run the day to day operations of the finance units.
What it takes to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or Higher) in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified accountant (e.g. CFA, CPA etc)
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a senior accounting or finance position in a technology or regulated company environment
- Mastery of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Experience managing finance and accounting functions in addition to collaborating with engineering teams
- Goal-oriented and inspiring leader, capable of working in a fast-moving environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
While this is not a requirement, it would be a plus if you have:
- Experience in Nigeria (or Africa)
- Experience working in multi-jurisdictional environments
- Experience in FinTech (specifically payments)
- Experience with Oracle.
- Competitive salary
- Stripe Equity compensation
- Flexible working environment (including work from home budgets)
- Full medical coverage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Paystack is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded.
- Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives.
- Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.