- Company: Alan & Grant
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Job type: Full time
Industry: Health Care
- The Head of Finance will work closely with the leadership of the organization and program leads to provide high-level financial management and support to ensure that all the organization’s financial activities adhere to regulatory and funder requirements.
- She / He will provide guidance to guarantee that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures.
- The Head of Finance will also be responsible for budgeting, planning and forecasting the programs, units and organizational resource needs and support the leadership’s efforts to generate resources to meet these needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a core member of the Management Team, the Head of Finance will be required to contribute substantially to organizational strategy and management in ways including, but not limited to:
- Forecasting and implementation of institutional strategic priorities that align with the mission and values of the organization, and are responsive to the evolving trends in the human capital development sector;
- Support for Executive Management as needed with institutional representation; operational efficiencies; organizational processes; business assurance; financial advice; people development, and general leadership and oversight for the organization.
- Identification of annual strategic priorities for the department and development of costed annual work plan;
- Custody of financial policies, procedural manuals and tools, including periodic updates and revisions as necessary to meet institutional needs;
- Supervision and motivation of finance department staff, including supporting learning, capacity building, assignment of job functions, setting of KPIs and strengthening talent and succession pipeline.
- Timely forecasting and preparation of annual operational and program budgets, with monthly reviews with budget holders to ensure optimal use of resources to achieve the organization’s objectives;
- Monitor expenditure trends and provide timely advice and analysis of potential over or under spends to management and other budget holders;
- Monitor program and operational costs to ensure that the organization is maximizing on cost efficiencies
- Provide training and continuous support to budget holders and project managers to ensure proper understanding, ownership of and engagement with financial results.
- Continuous review, development and implementation of processes and controls that reflect best practices in the organization’s financial transactions
- Ensure that all financial transactions are completed and recorded accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Manage the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payment processes;
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, reconciliations and updating of schedules
- Maintain methodical and easily auditable physical and electronic filing systems.
- Oversee a cash flow management and forecasting system that ensures adequate funds are available for program and organizational needs
- Coordinate request of funds from program funders, based on budget and cash flow projections
- Responsible for liaison with the organization’s bankers, evaluating their financial health and stability to ascertain the safety of cash balances.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the organization’s monthly financial management reports
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Prepare program financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements and standards
- Prepare the annual financial statements for statutory audit and liaise with the external auditors
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reports required to guide management decisions
- Ensure organizational internal controls and systems are maintained and adhered to, identifying key risk areas and addressing them, to prevent fraud and mitigate its impact on the organization
- Ensure any changes in legislation or organizational structure are reflected without delays in internal controls and systems
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are withheld and remitted to the appropriate collecting agent(s) as at when due e.g. PAYE, WHT, VAT, Income Tax, Pension and NHF contributions etc.
- Ensure that the regulatory and filing / reporting requirements of all relevant statutory bodies and funders are met.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant disciplines. Professional Accounting qualification such as; ACCA or ICAN
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in accounting and finance, including at least four (4) years audit experience. Strategy and financial management in top consulting firms is a major plus.
- Alignment with the organization’s vision, mission and values
- Proactive, hands-on manager who will own responsibility for the Finance Department
- Strategic thinker who possesses problem solving and thought leadership abilities, and solid business acumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of finance and tax laws, financial best practices and awareness of current trends and the implications for the organization
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accounting packages such as Odoo, QuickBooks etc.
- Fast learner, open to learn from subordinates and other colleagues.
Application Closing Date