Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- Pact is recruiting a Grants Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded conflict management and mitigation project that will strengthen inter-faith, inter-ethnic, and other local conflict mitigation networks to support and promote peaceful coexistence, good governance and religious freedoms in targeted communities in six focus states of Northern Nigeria, including building the capacity of state and local governments to assist communities in mitigating violent conflict and preventing violent extremism in the six focus states.
- The Grants Officer supports in the management of financial and administrative matters that relate to Pact sub awards with implementing sub recipients.
- S/he is responsible for advising and supporting the Grant Manager concerning matter related to sub award management, including managing and implementing financial, budgeting, and accounting matters to sub recipients and ensure all expenditures are compliant with sub agreement and funding Agency’s requirements.
- S/he will work closely with the Grant Manager to achieve the following responsibilities of overall sub grant management at the phases of pre-award, post-award, and project closure.
Grants Management Role:
- Supports in administering the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Supports the Grant Manager to develop grant award and award modification documents; develop negotiated memorandum of grant awards.
- Provide day to day administration of sub-grants and subcontracts, including tracking budgets, payments, compliance, modifications and reporting, and alert the finance Manager regarding any performance or financial reporting issues.
- Support organizational capacity assessments for sub-grantees and other partners and build capacity of sub-grantees in various areas including financial management.
- Ensures that pre-award surveys are conducted and that monitoring and financial support are provided for sub-grantees.
- Support the monitoring of the programmatic progress and capacity of sub-grants and subcontracts against the sub-grant agreements and work-plans.
- Respond to issues that arise during sub-grants, contract and associate award implementation.
- Supports the general administration of sub grants and subcontracts, which includes but is not limited to: financial reporting, issuing award modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings.
- Oversee partners’ programmatic and financial reporting, ensuring that quality reports are submitted to Pact in a timely manner. Monitor and evaluate the quality of sub-grantees’ reporting and provide training on reporting procedures and mechanisms, to ensure improvement and impact.
- Conducts supportive site visits to ensure sub-recipients’ compliance with the terms, conditions, and specifications of the sub award; monitor and manage issues of non-compliance.
- Assist in the awarding and administering of sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support the associate award program objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics with ACA/ACCA/CPA Professional Accounting qualifications.
- Minimum on 4 years Cognate Experience in grants accounting and sub award management.
- Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects especially on grants management and reporting mechanisms.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for grants and sub-grants management.
Wednesday, 27th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV/Resume/Applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.