Terre des Hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference in the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation, and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash, and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
General Description of the Position
- The Finance Officer will provide effective financial and accounting support to the Deputy Finance Coordinator and the Tdh Finance team.
- He/ She will implement and as needed manage various financial and accounting systems, processes, and procedures while adhering to all Tdh’s financial policies, Donor guidelines as well as good accounting practices (GAAP or IAS/IFRS).
- Responsible for Tdh transactions codification in accounting books according to internal procedures.
- Check invoices verify all supporting documents and complete codification daily.
- Check Partner list of invoices verifies all supporting documents, complete codification.
- Organize and endure the filing of all supporting documents.
- Check that the amount on Purchase Order (PO), Invoice, and PWAR are the same
- Check that all supporting documents in the payment files are duly signed by the appropriate signatories
- Ensure that all supporting documents are in place before initiating any payment
- Prepare and control tax payments, (income tax, VAT, WHT…)
- Prepare financial report as requested by the Deputy Finance coordinator
- Supervise the monthly closing, review, and integration of the accounting for the Delegation.
- Supervise the verification of the accounting files before they are sent.
- Elaborate and import budget parameters in SAGA after validation of the Deputy Finance coordinator.
- Check the monthly project's budget follow-ups according to Tdh format
- Prepare the monthly global budget to follow up document
- Check that the expense is in line with the description on the budget line as well as the donor specification.
- Check that the budget line on Payment and Working Advance Request (PWAR) is the same as the one on the Purchase and Service Request (PSR) document
- Check that the amount on each line is not overspent and does not exceed the flexibility
- Prepare for and support audits or possible inspections
- Send the monthly accountancy package to the Deputy Finance coordinator
- Send all supporting documents relating to account closure to the Deputy Finance coordinator
- Conduct the verification of the Delegation’s accountancy (descriptions, accounting codes, budget headings, reconciliation, monthly exchange rate)
- Conduct the physical verification of invoices and cash inventories in each Book
- Management of the Delegation bank Book
- Cross-check all the SAGA entries with supporting documents before sending to the Deputy Finance coordinator at the end of every month.
- Lead the semi-annual and annual accounting closure with his/her Finance team and under the supervision of the Deputy Finance coordinator (accrual expenses, debt situation, asset purchases, donations in kind, etc.)
- Ensure completion of paper and digital filing, as well as securing hardcopies of all supporting documents in the Delegation.
- Supervise the backup of all supporting documents in the Delegation on a regular basis and ensure the filling of these documents.
Cash and Bank Management:
- Monitor enforcement of cash payment rules and accurately record transactions in Saga
- Process and monitor cash transfer from Delegation to Bases
- Manage the cash flow at the Delegation level and ensure that cash boxes are well supplied
- Monitor the security of funds and propose an improvement of the internal cash transfer process.
- Provide an oversight role on the management of Cash advances and ensure timely closure of same.
- Responsible for Tdh Bank management (Bank accounts management, checks and transfers management, payments, bank reconciliation, internal transfers, etc...).
- The Finance Officer reports to the Deputy Finance Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its recognized equivalent in related field
- Full or partial possession of ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, CIMA, CPA will be an added advantage
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in accounting and/or finance,
- Experience with a Donor funded organization would be ideal,
- Fluent English language skills required,
- Proficient in Microsoft office and ideally, working knowledge of Saga,
- A strong sense of ethics and honesty with attention to detail is mandatory,
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep absolute confidentiality is required.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job.
- It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
- The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Terre des Hommes may add, change or remove essential and other duties at any time.