Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grants and Fundraising Manager, Nigeria – F / M
Maiduguri, Borno with frequent travels to Abuja and within the country.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
French Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months
Misson / Function
- The Grants Manager is responsible for the coordination and development of proposals for SIF’s programs in Nigeria as well as supporting the Head of Mission with donor relations and fundraising.
- He/she will support the national team to conduct assessment reports and, in cooperation with the Head of Mission, he/she will develop project strategies based on needs.
- He/she will be responsible for drafting project proposals in coordination with the Head of Mission and the Emergency Desk in HQ.
- He/she will be in charge of representing SIF with the humanitarian community to ensure coordination and he/she will support the fundraising efforts of the mission.
- Lead proposal development processes; coordinate, collect, draft, and/or edit contributions and compile inputs from the team
- Support the preparation of assessment reports in coordination with the MEAL Assistant;
- Develop coherent and high-quality logical frameworks for the projects, including the design of the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Support and guide the national Programme Manager with the coordination with local authorities and communities for new assessments and design of new projects;
- Support the Head of Mission with the identification and creation of partnerships (consortia).
Fundraising and Donor Liaison:
- Provide support to the Head of Mission with the development of SIF’s fundraising strategies;
- Undertake donor mapping and provide briefings to in-country donor representatives;
- Liaise with donor representatives and coordinate donor visits to programme sites;
- Develop communication material for advertising SIF intervention towards donors and other external stakeholders.
- Organise and lead grants meetings;
- Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with donor and SIF rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues;
- Ensure quality information management related to grants;
- Provide technical support, guidance, and tools to implementing partners at proposal development process.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of donor and internal narrative and financial reports;
- Lead application process and ensure budget;
- Liaise with external key donors relating to specific grant programmatic issues;
Capacity and Development:
- Participate in the lesson learned processes;
- Provide technical guidance and deliver trainings.
- A Master’s degree in International Development, Political Science, Humanitarian Response.
- At least 3 years of experience in proposal, project, or programme development, reporting, or grants management in an INGO;
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures including but not limited to UN agencies, European donors and US EU funding mechanisms;
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding;
- Ability to handle stress and tense security conditions.
- According to our salary grid.
- Monthly perdiem.
- Social and medical cover (SIF contributes to 60% of the insurance)
- R&R to your homecountry for your 6 months breaks.
- Leaves every 3 months.
- Temporary work procedures and a reinforced sanitary protocol are applied at Secours Islamique France within the effective conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online