The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for-profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Doctor
Reports to: Clinical Lead
Employment Type: Full time
- The Junior Doctor is a clinical unit/ call centre representative responsible for interacting with patients primarily via telephone by answering incoming calls from patients and performs a range of duties.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Answer inbound phone calls in a professional and courteous manner, taking appropriate action on the account.
- Screen patients using the symptoms checker.
- Enter and update correct patient data into the computer databases.
- Use computer system to respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counselling and referral, where necessary.
- Comply with company policy and procedures and pertinent laws or regulations.
- Adhere to established workflow and documentation procedures.
- Ensures to escalate calls or challenges to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
- Always maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Demonstrate respect for our patients and team members in every interaction.
- Review and follow-up on patient accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain call centre standards for quality and productivity.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal and financial status of patients.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
- Performs other general administrative tasks as directed by the clinical lead.
Education & Experience:
- Certified Degree in Medicine (Essential)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience practicing as a primary care doctor.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a medical receptionist/customer service role.
- Speaks fluently in either of the following languages: Pidgin, Hausa, and or Igbo.
- Exceptional phone handling skills: provides customer support in a positive, calm, and timely manner.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge of office procedures and carry out tasks accordingly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and flexible.
- Proficient in computer usage and application of technology.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Capable of practicing strong human relations skills, such as empathy for others.
- Must be able to work in a high call volume call centre environment with both inbound and outbound calls.
- Leadership Skills.
- Ability to quickly learn.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus and must be comfortable working with computer systems and multiple applications simultaneously.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Physical demands of position: must be able to sit for long periods of time, must have manual dexterity to work computer systems and keyboard.
Deadline: 31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us in 2 weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Wishing you the best.