We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Job ID: 13-10551
Locations: Niger & Kwara
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: State Finance & Admin Manager
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant/Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately the U.S. Government or other donor against fraud, loss or misuse.
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Finance Assistant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare and control advances
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account
- Maintain accounting files
- Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control
- Preparation of forms for payments of taxes and social security
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Minimum of University Degree or HND in Accounting.
- Minimum of 1 year (one) of experience in accounting. Knowledge of US Government funded programs, regulations and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks) or comparable software
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial "common sense"
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail along with data entry experience)
- Basic knowledge of USAID rules & regulations and Experience with U.S. government projects helpful
- Ability to follow MSH and donor policies and procedures for procurement and documentation, and ensure adequate accounting documentation fora proper audit trail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service-oriented outlook
27th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Application will only be considered if you specify the Location you are applying for in your Cover Letter or at the top of your CV