We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economics & Demography Intern
Duration: 28th October 2019 – July 31 2020.
- We seek a recent graduate to join our 9-month internship program. Through rigorous learning and doing complimented by personalized training and supervision, we prepare interns responsibly for a career in research and development. The location of this internship is Abuja.
What you’ll learn:
- Concepts – various development issues and topics in economics and demography
- Methods – various approaches including quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods, framing research questions, protocol development
- Data – management and analysis, mathematical and statistical analyses, data visualization and use of relevant statistical packages
- Writing and documentation – translating raw findings into reports, preparing high-quality briefs, and grant writing
- Conduct structured reviews, data analysis and interpretation, policy discussions etc.
- Share learnings and findings in form of scheduled presentations and workshops
- Train and build capability of junior cohorts
- Ability to conduct policy and goal-oriented research in your sector of interest
- Proficiency in data handling, analysis, interpretation and visualization
- Ability to write scientifically, for funding, publications and policy.
Who you are:
We are looking for a graduate with CGPA of at least 4.0/5.0 from a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) course or economics. In the case of economics, a strong background in microeconomic theory and an applied microeconomics course (such as labor or population economics ) is required. You must be:
- Self-driven – able to make progress and solve problems with little guidance
- Able to multi-task and work in a manner that meets stated timelines
- Have strong passion for success and sufficient faith in the Nigeria project
- Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of data
- An excellent person – hating mediocrity in every shape and form
- You will be expected to work 40 hours a week in addition to training hours. This is a non-salaried position with a competitive internship allowance. We provide an environment free from discrimination that accelerates career growth and encourages freedom of expression of thoughts, ideas and contribution to discussions.
20th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Notes: This internship requires full-time comittment of the nine months. Also, this position requires residence in Abuja. We will not provide accomodation to non-residents.