For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance and Leadership Advisor
Location: Birnin, Kebbi
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Governance and Leadership Advisor for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program, an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, its potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
- Promote multisectoral partnership and leadership to strengthen governance and accountability at the state level to use resources transparently, enable citizen engagement in planning and monitoring, and produce results in primary health care;
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and select priority areas for policy development related to reproductive health/family planning, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria services; and develops plans, concept papers, and proposals for policy initiatives that are evidence-based and gender-sensitive;
- Provide technical leadership in reviewing and formulating state policy initiatives, which includes researching and drafting policy documents, regulations, ordinances, decrees, guidelines, and circulars;
- Assist stakeholders to prepare for and implement new health policies through capacity building and organizational development.
- Liaise and works with other IHP program leads to strengthen health governance components;
- Build governance and leadership capacity of state, LGA, ward and community levels to be engaged in and accountable for improved quality and increased access to primary health care services;
- Work with the state to adapt and utilize planning, budgeting and accountability tools to harmonize health activities among all partners in the state and foster transparency in planning, budgeting and reporting of results and health finances
- Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a master's degree
- At least 12 years' experience providing others, especially government leaders and stakeholders, with guidance and technical assistance that enables them to understand policy options and strategies for improving health governance.
- Deep understanding of the BHCPF, PHCUOR and related processes and structures related to strengthening primary health care systems.
- Experience supervising a team of experts focused on strengthening health systems
- Experience carrying out project-related health governance technical assistance and promoting the integration of governance and health systems.
- Ability to develop strong, working relationships with multisectoral counterparts strongly desired.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills. Experience working with diverse and multicultural teams.
- Experience working on USAID funded projects is highly desired.
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required.
- Advanced ability to communicate in Hausa Language is required
- Ability to travel within Kebbi state at least 75% time
12th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online