We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Learning and Development Director
Locations : Lagos, Nigeria, New York City, USA
About the Role
- As a Learning Development Manager, you will primarily work under the People department overseeing all Training Learning and development programme, developing and implementing learning strategies and programs some of the programmes will include: e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more.
- You will work with the Learning and development team across Andela to help our employees to advance their skill and knowledge.
- You will be a key contributor to L&D frameworks that are critical to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping people learn and grow.
- Managing a high-performing team in Learning & Development department.
- Developing and implementing training and development strategy to help the business in the achievement of its overall Andela mission
- Preparing the annual training plan for staff and fellows for both technical and soft skills development for improved service delivery
- Manage training needs assessment for individual staff and fellows in consultation with departmental heads in different centers, including assessment methods and measurement tools.
- Creating and maintaining processes to monitor the health and effectiveness of training interactions,
- Coordinating the evaluation of instructors’ performance as well as the effectiveness of the training programmes implemented.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Monitor and report on L&D activities, costs and performance.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
- Observing and offering constructive feedback to all co-located Trainers
- Conduct robust induction and orientation sessions. Actual facilitation of induction courses.
- 5 years experience in Learning & Development.
- Prior experience in designing curriculum and module content
- Excellent presentation, report writing and research skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience facilitating the learning and development of software developers is an added advantage
- Passion for learning & development
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- Experience facilitating the learning and development in IT industry or for a start up is an added advantage
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, or a related field.
- Proficient with Google Docs/Microsoft Word, Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online