The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Global Fund RSSH / C-19RM Project Coordinator
Duration of contract: 18 Months
- The Project Coordinator manages the Global Fund (GF) Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and Covid-19 Response Mechanism (C-19 RM) grants.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring project deliverables and results are met on schedule.
- S/he is responsible for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) client and stakeholder relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other Global Fund projects.
- She/he will maintain good working relationships with the relevant Government institutions and its officials, local and international partners and the Nigeria Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM).
- Lead and coordinate to accelerate implementation of RSSH/C19RM grant implementation, assure progress towards achieving targets/milestones as per the grant agreements, timely identify and resolve bottleneck and mitigate risks.
- Technical and managerial oversight of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS Global Fund RSSH/C19RM grant and Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Stakeholder management: Build operational and strategic relationships with stakeholders and other partners. Serve as a liaison between the PMU/NACA and relevant stakeholders including the Presidential steering committee for Covid-19 response (PSC), State Health authorities, Principal recipients, Sub-Recipients, Technical Support Organizations and Development partners.
- Ensure synergy and program alignment between Government of Nigeria, disease program entities, and multilateral and bilateral agencies to avoid duplication of efforts and to efficiently achieve outcomes.
- Ensure project staffing, structure and reporting relationships are aligned with project needs, local context and available resources. Provide mentoring and coaching to the staff.
- Provide strategic, administrative and operational leadership to the PMU, ensuring high quality implementation plans and related planning/management tools are developed and submitted on schedule.
- Implement effective supervision that guarantees effective performance-management program focused on results and individual accountability.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports to the Director General, the CCM and the Global Fund Country Team on schedule, using appropriate templates as applicable, with respect to the grant performance and progress.
- Maintain grant-related reference resources including grant agreements, approved work plan and performance framework, Project Implementation Plan (PIP), grant reporting schedules, and other information that may be needed.
- Research best and emerging grant management practices and ensure capacity building of PMU team members in relevant areas.
- Oversee the active participation of PMU team in local, state, and national grant-related activities, as well, as a close working relationship with Sub-Recipients and Technical Support Organizations and their grant management teams.
- Consistently promote the culture of teamwork, quality outcomes and stakeholder engagement.
Education and Experience
- Master of Public Health (MPH), MBBS or Master’s level Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in program/project development and management, including design, implementation, and financial management aspects, preferably in public health; of which at least five years managerial experience.
- Project management or leadership certificate or experience is an added advantage
- Experience managing large international donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and/or malaria programs); Health system strengthening programs on supply chain, monitoring and evaluation, health management information system, laboratory services and Federal- and State-level programs is an added advantage
- Experience working with Government of Nigeria departments and their functions in program implementation
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities with evident deliverables
- Proven capability to collaborate and efficiently work with multiple partners, Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies at both federal and state level respectively to achieve results
- A proven approach to capacity building, professional networking and working in partnership with other implementers and host country government
- Good analytical and presentation skills, in English
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented, focused, highly skilled in writing, planning and strategizing.
Deadline: 28th June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online