Applied Engineering Technology Initiative (AETI) Nigeria – Our client, a long-established and leading manufacturer of Quality powered Generator Sets, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gas Engineer
We seek a technically sound solar representative of high integrity to drive the sales of our products (Generators and Solar systems) in Lagos state.
- Gas power station operation and maintenance
- Deliver an efficient and cost-effective service to customers
- Maximum availability of gas engines and related balance of plant is achieved through fast response troubleshooting and fault rectification.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, based on consistently professional dealings and attitude.
- Maintaining a high level of site housekeeping and presentation.
- Ensuring that company-supplied equipment is well maintained and kept at a high standard of cleanliness.
- Scheduled maintenance is carried out to the required standard in order to avoid unnecessary replacement of parts and engine unavailability.
- Out-of-hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure that liaison and communication with customers and subcontractors on-site are maintained at all times.
- Maintaining tools in good and safe working order and calibrated as required.
Design of Gas Enclosure:
- Own and deliver the CAD element projects from concept/kick-off meetings to project delivery and post-contract support.
- Produce detailed 3D layouts of fuel polishing units using Solidworks
- Generate accurate BOM’s from Solidworks that will be directly inputted into the company MRP system
- Produce General drawings and fabrication drawings that conform to BS8888
- Read, interpret and synthesize P&ID drawings
- Work within the Engineering team to develop and sign off engineering designs and drawings before they are passed to manufacturing to ensure flawless manufacture.
- Provide Engine, Generator, and Balance of Plant commissioning.
- Provide a high level of technical ‘rapid response’ support undertaking mechanical and electrical troubleshooting in order to minimize engine unavailability.
- Provide mobile and flexible field service support where and when required.
- Ensure that problem jobs are seen through to completion and to required standards of quality.
- Document service visits and complete commissioning documentation, in accordance with agreed standards of reporting.
- Train engineers and customers as and when required.
- Liaise with internal departments to gather and share relevant information to assist in the process of problem-solving and effective decision-making.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, Manager, Field Service Manager, and Field Service Support and Commissioning Manager ensuring that all parties are kept fully informed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Observe and follow Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and regulations at all times.
- BSc Degree / HND / OND in a related course of study
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience.
Deadline: 17th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.