Frontend Developer at Reliance HMO
RelianceHMO is a Y Combinator 2017 Winter Batch company backed by leading Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists that uses software, data science, and telemedicine to make health insurance delightful, affordable, and easier to access. Leveraging effective product management and growth strategies, we have successfully positioned ourselves as a competitive player in the Nigerian Health Insurance Industry.
In addition to the quality of our services, we are extremely proud of our dynamic work environment where you can be whoever you want to be. We are a team of bubbly, hardworking individuals whose culture and core values allow us complement each other and collaborate towards common goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Frontend Developer
- The ideal candidate will work in the Tech Team of RelianceHMO, and specifically with the Software Engineering Team and will be tasked with ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
- You are a team player – able to work across different stakeholders, communicate expectations openly and clearly, and welcome constructive feedback.
You’ll love this organisation because:
- You’ll have a clear career path
- You’ll have a lot of independence in managing projects
- We have a vibrant and active culture
- Co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Analyze potential users of the system by studying how they currently perform the tasks that the design must support.
- Enhance user satisfaction with products by improving usability and accessibility.
- Create interactive designs to support and guide users in learning to use the product.
- Execute detailed creation of products through a combination of coding, verification and debugging.
- Ensure products are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices.
- Carry out occasional maintenance on products to fix software bugs, change features, or completely upgrade the system.
- Evaluate new methodologies and technologies aimed at improving the quality, reliability, and performance of product development systems and processes.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React (Next.js) is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- Experience with common development tools such as Git, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to expand personal skill sets in other languages and services as required.
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience working on a 100% remote team
- Excellent time management