The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food and Beverages Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Work with Food and Beverage Manager in the general running of the International House Cafeteria, Private Dining and Sports Center;
- Monitor service quality within restaurant and cafeteria areas and establish standards and procedures to increase guest satisfaction, value, and profitability;
- Attend to all VIP guests personally;
- Handle all customer requests with the utmost professionalism;
- Maintain correct customer feedback and initiate immediate corrective measures;
- Oversee health code compliance and sanitation standards;
- Reconcile Stock, generate weekly, monthly and annual reports for the Resident Manager;
- Train new employees and provide ongoing training for all staff;
- Assign duties to staff and coordinate the weekly roster;
- Manage all guest’ restaurant and event booking confirmation and prepare event orders;
- Lead the Food and Beverage service during events;
- Liaise with the conference center team as well as the Kitchen team to ensure tea breaks and lunch breaks are delivered promptly and up to standard;
- Liaise with the Snack bar and Cappa Bar Supervisor on food and beverage quality as well as operations;
- Monitor costs and control of items;
- Perform additional related duties as requested by the supervisor
- BSc / HND in Hospitality Management, Hotel and Catering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a well-structured hospitality management environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience in event planning;
- Be computer literate and have ability to use restaurant software.
- Have good knowledge of food and beverages services.
- Have very pleasant personality and strong leadership skill with good communication skill.
- Be a good team player and should be able to work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shouldapply to the Head of Human Resources, by submitting a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (including the selected crop he/she is applying for), names and addresses of three referees.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and then asked to submit a financial offer to be negotiated with IITA.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
Application Deadline 3rd February 2021.