Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Advanced Degree in Accounting
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Complete understanding of accounting and tax reporting standards and experience in researching as it relates to accounting and tax issues.
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Access to mental health service
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap inside the same month
- Fitness/ wellness stipends
- Yearly offsite
- Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
- Free lunch
- Friday happy hours
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this assessment test . Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.