Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Rotation Program Analyst
Job number: 1188283
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type Full-Time
Starting date: July 2022, Full Time Employment
- Are you looking forward to a career in finance? At Microsoft you will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from the best while building career-enhancing skills as you explore the many facets of finance operations at a Fortune 100 company.
- Our Finance Rotation Program Analysts participate in a two-year program consisting of four, six-month rotations that helps build the future finance leaders of Microsoft and give analysts a strong foundation in the business world.
- Microsoft’s Finance Rotation Program incubates future business leaders through exposure to our two-year program consisting of four six-month rotations that build intellectual horsepower, drive for results, and self-awareness.
- Rotations enable analysts to build competencies across a spectrum of subjects including foundational learning, risk assessment, modeling, business processes, data analysis, and an understanding of Microsoft as a corporation.
- Through on-the-job learning, learning from others, and formal learning, the Finance Rotation Program offers participants the opportunity to explore a diverse set of organizations, experiences, skills, and competencies that will hone their financial and business acumen while accelerating their careers.
- After completing the two-year program, analysts graduate and move into a permanent role within the finance organization.
- While rotations differ from one to another, each rotation allows analysts to build business partnership, business acumen, and personal leadership skills through a variety of opportunities.
- With progression into subsequent rotations, analysts will strengthen their skills and knowledge and continue acquiring new and more complex proficiencies.
- Upon completion of the four rotations, the analyst will have accelerated their professional growth and developed a very strong network across the company.
Opportunities may include:
- Learning about the various financial cycles as well as the precision and application of Profit & Loss to Microsoft decisions and analysis.
- Developing data modeling skills by managing and manipulating complex data.
- Gaining an understanding around the focus and strategies of finance leaders, comprehend methods and practices in making executive decisions and further build on advanced modeling skills.
- Identifying the level of risk to both segments of the company and Microsoft as a corporation. Responsibilities include identifying root causes of risks and analyzing business processes and execution plans to provide a framework for improvement. You will also learn relationships and responsibilities of Microsoft’s worldwide subsidiaries, operating centers, and/or corporate entities through on-site engagements, while understanding how to effectively gather information and communicate complex findings.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business
- At least one year of classroom and / or finance internship work experience in financial risk analysis with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability, experience, and overall understanding of fundamental finance and accounting acumen including data modeling, data analytics, FP&A, forecasting, interpreting financial statements, and reporting
- Capable of working with high degree of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple business partners and teams
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong competency in MS Office, especially in Excel including pivot tables; certifications or relevant coursework preferred
- Power BI / Tableau or other data visualization experience preferred
- SQL / R / Python or other programming / data science experience preferred
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form