Nutri K Limited is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization and distribution process of ready to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria.
With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria. The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition. NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- Nutri K is now looking for Finance Manager for its finance department to carry out its activities in Kano.
The key role of Finance and administration manager:
- Manage financial and administration teams to achieve company financial goals. Develop the overall
- corporate financial goals and objectives. Oversee preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, budget, expense
Responsabilities And Tasks
- Assist in the finance and budget activities of the office including assisting in preparation of annual budget submission and revisions by estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
- Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
- Upon request, extracts monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
- Ensuring that all cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and approved by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
- Performing treasury transactions in the accounting, monitoring the documentation and assuring its completeness in compliance with NUTRIK and donorsâ€™ accounting procedures.
- Maintaining filing system for vouchers and all financial instructions/guidelines issued and filing system and ensuring the documentation is regularly updated
- Maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing monthly bank reconciliation
- General management of the office; ensure regular supply of power, water; ensure timely supply and adequacy of office supplies e.g. stationery, ink, paper; proper maintenance and safety of office.
- Proper maintenance of office files including client, accounting and contract files (ease of retrieving information).
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, planning and monitoring of expenditure, liaising with vendors (obtain best pricing for good quality at all times)
- Efficient coordination of staff use of the office vehicle.
- Responsible for the sale of NUTRIK books, periodic visits to bookstores, and efficient stock management plan for NUTRIKâ€™s books
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement.
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines.
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Requiered Skills
- Education degree: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Language skills: English & Hausa
- Work experience; 5 years experience in relevant field, previous experience in similar role, 2-3 years' experience as an auditor and 2-3 years experience as an accountant is a plus
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook & ERP software.
Other required skills:
- Knowledge of IFRS and prior experience in use of quick books and ERP software desirable
- Experience working for manufacturing companies will be an added advantage
- Experience in an office Administrative role an added advantage
- Ability to create and follow schedules
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Reporting Skills
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.