Gaia Africa is Africa's premier private business club dedicated to serving Africa's top 5% of female c-suite Executives, Business Founders, Professionals and Creatives through specially curated activities, learning partnerships, collaborations, advisory services, peer to peer mentoring and small group events.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Officer
Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the CEO & General Manager, the Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible for preparing financial reports and maintaining records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments, taxes, payrolls and other financial activities.
- She conducts regular checks of the internal controls, leads the preparation of the monthly accounts closure of the operation, and ensures that disbursements are in accordance with the budget and the GAIA’s Financial Rules.
Develop and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations.
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks;
- Settle amounts due, or recover outstanding receivables;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls.
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit.
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Protect GAIA’s assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures.
- Prepare staff payroll administrations, including fringe benefit computations.
- Computation of P.A.Y.E
- Make the stocktaking with the use of Inventory control sheet.
- Evaluate Inventory and coding.
- Computation of VAT on sales recorded and monitoring of VAT input.
- Charge Withholding tax on the invoice (service charge) sum of vendors.
- Liaising with the Tax consultants.
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts.
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes.
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment’s vouchers.
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of the GAIA in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the general manager as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare invoice for services and cost share.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents.
- In with the General Manager, implement the GAIA’s procurement of goods and services in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
- Obtain written requests for quotations, tracking items ordered, and maintain inventory control and contract tracking system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- A fIrst Degree In Accounting or Any Finance Related Field
- Ability to prepare and maintain the full set of accounts
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with QuickBooks software
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads;
- Able to analyse and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from several sources;
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organisation;
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Benefits: Private Health Insurance
- Salary: N100,000 – N150,000 Monthly
Application Deadline 31st January, 2021.
Note: Only candidates who fit the criteria will be contacted.