We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Specialist (Electrical / Instrument & Controls)
- We are actively searching for a Field Service Specialist (Electrical/ Instrumentation & Controls) with strong experience in Installation, Testing, and Commissioning of rotating equipment’s.
- He/she will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, on-site inspections, installation, start-up, pre-commissioning, commissioning, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on electrical and related systems on designated rotating equipment’s.
- Repair, maintain, and install OEM partner product line (s)
- Read and interpret single-line diagrams/schematics for electrical installations
- Perform investigative analysis of power systems for inhibiting factors such as harmonics, phase imbalance, low power factor, distortion factors, etc.
- Lead the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Lead/supervise cable laying, meggering and connection.
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- May assist and/or train newer Field Engineers
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted advisor and resource during on site activities.
- Responsible for the development of preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Complete formal technical field reports, time sheets, JSAs & expense reports for each field assignment
- Supervise/coordinate sub-contractors and customer personnel as required
- Provide daily communication to the Operations Manager on any issues that arise on site.
- Report potential business opportunities to the Operations Manager
- Maintain compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures; conduct on-site safety meetings as required by the Customer and TPG.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- OND/HND or First degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related Engineering fields
- Related OEM certifications (e.g. GE, Siemens, CAT)
- Relevant professional memberships/certification from a recognized body (IEEE, NSE, COREN etc)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in oil & gas and power sector
- Minimum of 4 years of practical work experience, preferably gained through employment with rotating machine manufacturer in a design, manufacturing or site service role, or with power utility or industrial facility in a maintenance capacity.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Strong computer skills including use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience collaborating with internal team members and external customers.
- Engineering & Operations
- Asset Management
- Project Management including time management, job forecasting & scheduling
- Business Development
- Safety and Quality Management
- Vendor Management
- Diversity management
- Good communication skills including report writing skills
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills – ability to cross-train others
- Leadership & Management skills
- Integrity and Fairness
- Consistent and Resilient
- Independent and Adaptable
- Emotional Intelligence
- Protective Relay parameterization, setting and operation
- Proficiency in Omicron CPC 100, CMC 356, CMC 256Plus, Fluke 435 PQ analyzer, etc
- PLC programming & operation (Siemens, Allen Bradley)
- HVAC/ VRF PCB setting and programing
- Power Management Systems
15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online