We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Locations : Niger, Kebbi & Katsina
Contract Type: Fixed term
- The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is DFID-funded through UNICEF on early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FRI 360 in collaboration with the Niger, Kebbi & Katsina state governments. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and integrated Qur’anic Schools (lQS) in each of the states.
- Field Coordinator is responsible for the state educational program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the reading interventions implemented by AHNI and its partners in the assigned States.
- H/She is also responsible for overseeing strategic and day-to-day implementation of activities in the State.
- The FC will provide supervision and guidance to the state team and support services personnel.
- H/She will work closely with the Technical Advisor to ensure implementation is closely aligned with the overall project objectives.
- H/She is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with AHNi and its partners in the assigned State.
- Advance degree in Education or its recognized equivalent with 6 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required. At least 5-8 years’ experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in teacher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and schools’ settings. Proven expertise in mother tongue (L1), early grade reading Instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in teacher training and support for development, production and distribution of instructional materials, including but not limited to: effective teacher training modules, assessment and/or supplementary materials.
- Has ability to coordinate teacher training interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
22nd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as a single document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications Sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.