Catilas Resources Limited is recruiting on behalf of its client, for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Tank Chemist
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for a chemist to join the farm tank team and help our client build safe, high-quality products.
- You will conduct various tests on oil and gas products, analyze their compounds and refine their composition.
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need extensive knowledge of techniques like distillation, crystallization and titration and hands-on experience with spectrometers and chromatographers.
- You should also be comfortable writing technical reports and analyses of your findings.
- Supports production installations regarding production chemical issues, scaling, emulsions, hydrates, asphaltines, waxing and any other process-related production chemical issues.
- Manages study work relating to Production Chemistry and Flow Assurance Develops, blends and tests chemical products.
- Undertakes research and development on new products.
- Manages all areas of Environmental regulatory compliance concerning the use and discharge of chemicals.
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision/management.
- Actively participate in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
- Write technical reports of the test results.
- Maintain lab equipment and troubleshoot or report on malfunctions.
- Refine chemical products to improve their quality.
- Ensure compliance with laboratory health and safety guidelines.
- Sterilize equipment and store materials in secure places.
- BSc in Chemistry or any other relevant Science discipline
- Minimum of 5years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience as a production/process chemist in the oil and gas sector.
- Laboratory work is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with spectrometry and chromatography instruments and techniques.
- Good knowledge of laboratory health and safety standards.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Working to deadlines.
- Organizing and IT skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is based in Koko in Delta State and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.