We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Engineer
Location : Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for the following functions:
- Perform 1st line troubleshooting of faults involving the generators and other facilities
- Provisioning of power and installation of AC & DC equipment.
- Prepare accurate daily, weekly and Monthly reports.
- Ensuring that safety and health standards at work are adhered to.
- Acts as the primary contact for all third party (facilities) related issues (emergencies and repairs).
- Ensure 100% availability of power and manage diesel supply and replenishment process in all MainOne POPs.
- Maintenance of all MainOne and third party POP facilities as well as service coordination and service providers’ management.
- Ability to respond to Emergency/Call out to attend to power related issues on 3rd party Pops.
- Carry out regular assessment of POP facilities to determine items that are due for replacement or repair and initiate appropriate action.
- Follow up with 3rd Party Engineers (Transmission/OSP/IP) to resolve issues on sites.
- To provide a cover up for shift Engineers when need be.
- B.Sc/HND in any relevant discipline.
- Minimum of +5 years in telecom facility operations & maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Facilities management.
- Project management.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Contract/vendor management skills
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in working with AC and DC power systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with stress.
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problem.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to be spontaneous and handle last minute tasks.
- Ability to work well independently within a fast paced, result oriented environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Creativity and Innovative Ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online