- Company: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Katsina Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in NigeriaMedecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Jobs in Nigeria
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiologist
Contract: 208 working hours per month and flexibility is required
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running an ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the Kofar Sauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including four in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, Gubi Magaria and Riko) and one in Katsina City (Kofar Marusa).
- Implementing and analyzing data collected during MSF activities (including nutrition and malaria) and main-taining epidemiological surveillance systems/monitoring according to MSF protocols, standards and proce-dures in order to contribute to appropriate evidence-based decision-making making using of well managed health data in outbreak and emergency MSF programs.
- Carrying out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation (description including time, place, people with emphasis on mapping when it is needed) and advising on the operational response
- Implementing and maintaining a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases, as necessary. Guiding activities of medical staff for surveillance and/or active case finding, including ensuring understanding of the need for consistent case definitions and data recording (briefing of all new staff).
- Monitoring and Implementing initial Assessment (for emergency), rapid health assessments and (baseline or follow-up) surveys. Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot testing of tools to ensure the objectives will be met robustly with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Preparing and adapting routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request/notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist. Preparing an appropriate sampling frame and sample selection guidelines with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Planning and supervising the associated HR processes of the staff under his/her responsibility (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development, and communication) and ensuring that staff exhibits required skills after training.
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases; analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for project and medical coordinator/HQ and when appropriate to external collaborators/networks (MoH, other NGOs, etc.)
- Providing training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology and on data tools and line lists to enhance team response capacity
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager.
- Medical Doctor (preferable), Nurse or Biomedical Background with a Degree in Epidemi-ology (not in public health).
- Desirable: 1-2 years in of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus).
- Experience in field epidemiology.
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulani (Speak) required.
- Use of epidemiology related analytical software (excel, Epi-info, STATA or SPSS)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Participles
- Stress Management.
- According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation