Job Title: Environmental Scientist
- Provide guidance and advice on Technical, Operational, and Safety, Health and Environmental (HSE) Security aspects of environmental data collection during field operations.
- Collection and analysis of environmental samples and data
- Will be required to act as Marine Mammal Observer (MMO) or Protected Species Observer (PSO) during the seismic operation. A MMO/PSO shall be the individual who keeps watch for mammals during seismic operations.
- Will provide mentoring and technical guidance to lower level personnel and have the skills and qualifications below.
- Serve as the environmental expert for the Business Line.
- Minimum of 20+ year’s field experience
- Must have exceptional technical skills to monitor and advise on technical aspects of data acquisition, sample preservation, processing, interpretation, classification and reporting; including; logistics, operations, instrumentation, equipment, recording, and positioning
- Must be well versed in HSE practices and processes for field operations
- Must have strong knowledge of sampling and preservation of water column, surficial and near surficial sediments for environmental, geochemical or geological/geotechnical purposes
- Must be trained at observing and identifying marine mammals or in compliance with the most recent Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) guidelines (or other standards defined for the area of operations)
- Must have excellent communication skills, possess a high level of integrity, and willingness to build trust and accountability in inter-personal relationships while working in a team setting
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Must be proficient in current communication mediums and technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office, telecommunications, email, meetings)
- Must be in good physical condition and shall comply with all project health and safety requirements (including any vendor, vessel or country-specific certifications required to work offshore)
9th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: Larry@sellafieldenergy.com