- Company: Action Against Hunger Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Technical Assistant – Water Quality
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience: Entry Level
Proposed Start date: June 2021
Direct Line Manager: WASH Groundwater Manager
Company Overview / Description
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
- The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
- USAID-Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)’s mission is to save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the physical, social, and economic impact of rapid and slow-onset disasters by supporting at-risk populations to build stable foundations. By ensuring affected populations have enough food and income, health and nutrition services and increased access to improved water, sanitation and hygiene, Action Against Hunger through this action will enhance the goal of saving lives, alleviating human suffering and reducing impact of disasters for the vulnerable populations.
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of a WASH Technical Assistant – Water Quality who will conduct pre/pro water quality testing for all project boreholes, provide support in training and building the capacity on water quality, implement water quality surveillance system, report on WASH technical and WQA activities.
- Review of the water quality testing lab and establishing the lab 100% functional in all bases.
- To ensure perfect installation and functionality of chlorine dosing pump under the project.
- In collaboration of LGA WASH unit, continue sensitizing community on importance of water quality monitoring and treatment.
- Capacity building of relevant stakeholders (health workers, borehole operators, volunteers, LGA WASH unit, etc) AAH staff on water quality monitoring, testing and chlorination.
- To develop TOR and SOP for water quality surveillance according to WASH sector guideline.
- Provide weekly analysis report.
- Conduct presentation and workshop for WASH stakeholders on findings.
- Develop a comprehensive database for recording all WQA result with corresponding source and date.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Water Engineering and Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities;
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN 172,695 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.