Job Title: Customer Success Associate
Type: Full time
Experience: Entry Level
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
OkadaBooks is a group of fun and creative people who are proactively creating solutions in the publishing space… problem-solvers who work independently and consistently deliver results that impact local and international authors/publishers, while driving forward our reading and writing culture.
About the Role;
Customer support at OkadaBooks is not measured by the number of tickets you reactively respond to or how fast you reactively resolve complaints. At OkadaBooks, customer service is a proactive relationship, it’s anticipating and preventing problems before they happen, it’s knowing the birthdays of key authors and celebrating it, it’s doing things beyond the computer screen like writing letters to customers and hugging readers … it’s beyond tickets. To execute this, you have to be a people’s person with a sprinkling of technical curiosity and a focus on killing your KPIs with love.
He/She will report directly to the Team Lead, Business Operations and work collaboratively with the Customer Service team .
The specific responsibilities of the Customer Success Associate will include:
- Helping customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (users tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Writing documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- Managing customer interactions, complaints, and relationships via our CRM tool (Freshdesk)
- Organizing creative digital and offline events geared towards helping authors and readers have the best experience with OkadaBooks.
- Onboarding new users and authors
- Testing new product additions and old product fixes, and giving final approval for live deployment.
- Resolving low-level tech issues and interface with the tech team and customers on escalated issues.
- Representing the organization on radio shows, panels and TV interviews where applicable.
- Driving product growth & decisions based on learnings from interactions with customers.
- Having fun
Who’s a good fit for this role?
- You’re empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
- Has great communication and customer service skills.
- Has a flexible and resourceful attitude to work challenges.
- Is comfortable working in a startup organization that’s growing and evolving.
- Is proficient in the use of G-suite.
- Connections to the African literary community is an added bonus.
Benefits of the role;
- Full-time compensation.
- Annual leave.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An emotionally intelligent team.
- Access to literary events and books.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Package.
- Monthly mobile data.
Note: Deadline for application is March 14
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .