Chemonics International – We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director – Warehouse and Distribution
Project: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and maternal and neonatal child health program
- The project also supports the warehousing and distribution of Global Fund AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain
- All four Task Orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- Oversight and management of all project’s warehousing, transportation and distribution in-country activities managed by W&D dept.
- Manage and Monitor compliance of contracted third-party service providers to Good Warehouse Practice and Good Distribution practice GWP/GDP KPIs in the identified warehouses and during the provision of transportation services by 3PLs.
- Support capacity building efforts of local organizations, FMOH/GoN, SMOH and LMCUs in contract management of warehousing and transportation third party service providers
- Ensure effective collection of agreed data for use in monitoring the supply chain operations of third party logistics service providers (contracted warehousing and transportation 3PLS) and government
- owned warehouses to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures (for warehousing, distribution and especially inventory management are maintained).
- Coordination of stakeholders and partners who interact with W&D activities
- Modify the design of storage and distribution systems to ensure optimum performance and to respond to other commodities and partner needs
- Provide regular reports to USAID, FMOH, and other partners on stock status and supply chain performance
- Provide insight and support to the quantification and supply planning for W&D managed commodities
- Provide technical assistance to identify and mitigate risks for and improve service responsiveness of contracted warehousing and transportation providers
- Assist in defining the process of program initiated resupply of health facilities
- Overall monitoring of the supply of last mile distribution of commodities to Service Delivery Points and other delivery points
Participate in meetings to elaborate the following components of the alternative system:
- Staffing Requirements
- M&E for both service delivery and contract performance
- Support the Deputy Country Director – Technical to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximizing the use of all available resources of the project
- Provide strategic and technical direction of W&D operations and serve as focal point of contact on the project’s logistics activities; involving the Deputy Country Director – Technical when prudent.
- Provide support for all contract modification negotiations involving W&D, including budget revisions and negotiation of contract terms.
- Provide contract management and oversight of W&D operations to ensure GHSC-PSM is compliant with contract terms
- Maintain open communication with the Nigeria home office team on questions regarding contract regulations and terms, budget tracking and financial management or administrative requirements of the W&D dept.
- The Director – Warehouse and Distribution will report directly to the Deputy Country Director – Technical
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Postgraduate or graduate Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Ten years proven experience in managing public health programs or projects in a developing country context, with five years or more senior management experience preferred.
- Experience working with senior government officials.
- Professional experience in international public health, with experience related to pharmaceutical management, health commodity including malaria and laboratory logistics, family planning or supply chain strengthening, preferably in work funded by USAID.
- Experience with procedures for internal and external quality controls.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- A proven ability to work as a part of a team but self-managing of own time.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with USAID management and financial procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online