Director, Physical Planning and Development at Landmark University
Landmark University is a private University approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria, established by the World Mission Agency, which is an arm of the Living Faith Church Worldwide. As an apex educational institution, it is focused on teaching, learning, research, and community service by promoting a lasting culture of excellence for the advancement of humanity. The campus is IT – driven, which empowers every focused academic towards achieving a fulfilled career experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Physical Planning and Development
Physical Planning & Development
- The Director of Physical Planning and Development (DPPD) oversees the day-to-day administration and control of all physical planning, developments, works and services activities of landmark University.
Roles and Responsibilities
More broadly, the Director of Physical Planning and Development is responsible for the following:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Physical Planning and Development Directorate, in alignment with the Vision and departure philosophy of the University.
- Subject to the relevant approvals, recommend and implement policies and procedures on matters relating to the physical and infrastructural developments of the University. Recommend additional plans, designs, while continuously updating the University’s master plan.
- Manage Improvements to the campus environment, to meet the functional and aesthetical needs of a world-class learning, work, and residential University campus.
- Monitor and supervise all acquisition, construction, maintenance of facilities and infrastructures and making recommendations on physical planning, development, works and services- related matters.
- In alignment with the University’s extant procedures, makes recommendations on appointments of consultants, contractors, vendors and service providers for University projects, and monitors their activities post- engagement.
- Manage all third-party contractual relationships and agreements with consultants, contractors, vendors and service providers in alignment with extant university policies.
- Monitor and ensure the University’s compliance with relevant national and International Environment, Health and Safety (ENS) legislation and policies
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications in any of the following disciplines: Architecture, Civil Engineering, Town and Regional Planning or related discipline. Any additional degree is an added advantage.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and codes on a wide variety of physical planning and development issues.
- Experienced with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, like Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle NetSuite ERP, SAP ERP etc.
- Adapt in the use of other modern ICT tools for the administration and management of physical planning, developments, works and services activities, in addition to Computer Aided Designs and Controls.
Must be a registered member of any of the following professional bodies:
- Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON),
- Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),
- Town Planning Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC)
- Interested candidate must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior management role, in addition to at least five (5) years of experience in a finance department or the financial sector.
- Experience within the tertiary education domain is an added advantage.
- Team player who can work under limited supervision and capable of self-direction
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and confidentiality
- Ability to work towards meeting deadlines, prioritize tasks and achieve results promptly.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to details and demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to align wholly with the Vision of the University and abide by her Core Values and ethos as contained in the staff handbook and conditions of service.
- Interested applicants must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application.
Application Closing Date
30th July 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit the following; Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae and a Vision statement that includes proposed Innovations that would be brought on board, if appointed.
Among others, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae should give the following details:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Gender and Marital Status
- Name and Ages of Children (lf any)
- Religion and Place of Worship
- State and LGA of origin
- Contact Information including- Permanent
- Contact Address, Email Address, Phone Number,
- Educational Background/ Membership of Professional Associations/Relevant Certifications
- Work Experience including details of former and present posts indicating career progression
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
- The names and addresses of three referees
- Candidates should request their referees to send references on their behalf directly to the Registrar, via the following email address: [email protected]
The submission of the electronic copies (.docx or .pdf) should be sent as an attachment to
the subject line should read, e.g. “Application for the Post of Director, Physical Planning and Development”.
Click Here to Apply Online