Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance
Employment Type: Full-time
- Cam is looking for a Director of Finance who will be responsible for the planning and managing of the finance department and all its operations. This person will perform a combination of budgeting, accounting, fiscal management, financial reporting, internal auditing and financial data processing functions.
- A key part of this role is having in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise in corporate financial accounting.
- You will be responsible for the financial health of the organization, mentoring and coaching direct reports to perform efficiently while diligently following the standard accounting processes of the organization and the regulations provided by the government, guiding management in making sound financial decisions through analysis and insights of the internal and external factors that could lead to the generation of ROI for the organization and the ability to work with and manage various departments and people.
- The ideal candidate will oversee internal controls, implement fund-raising strategies, engage with investors and appraise investments, develop financial strategies and targets, conduct feasibility studies, monitor expenditure, monitor cash flow, and manage tax compliance.
- You should possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, must be great with numbers, have the ability to use relevant accounting and data analysis tools/software and have continuous up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and financial government regulations.
- You will report directly to the CEO.
- Preparation of various accounting reports, financial statements, budgets, cost analyses, rate studies and projections.
- Prepare and review detailed financial analysis to illustrate key business drivers, performance indicators, identify engagement risk, and determine the appropriate financial strategies the organisation needs to get the desired results.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of the company’s budget while working with all departments to ensure their yearly and monthly budgets are accurately computed.
- Work with internal and external finance teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with other departmental Heads/Leads, other departments, outside agencies, vendors and state and federal auditors.
- Manage and oversee operations of the finance department to meet set goals and objectives.
- Developing and effectively implementing internal systems, business processes, SOPs, and organisational policies and procedures that ensure efficient and effective operations in finance.
- Manage and coach a team that is able to exhibit to a great depth, the organization’s values, culture and show continuous growth in personal, departmental and organizational development.
- Ensure up to date knowledge and adherence to industry standards for corporate finance administration, budget preparation and management, financial reporting, forecasting and financial analysis.
- Display in-depth understanding and application of leading practices in governance concerning finance in the workplace.
- Skills and Attributes:
- You have great skills, experience, principles and methods in Corporate Finance Management.
- You have the ability to make appropriate recommendations/proposals, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of financial data.
- You have a great sense of ownership and accountability for your work.
- You are skilled in reviewing accounting process systems, able to identify control procedures, resource needs and interdependencies.
- You can manage projects with a complex scope using advanced project management skills including establishing the timeline, resources, risks and deliverables.
- You are a great manager of people and can build collaboration between several teams to get the work done.
- You are a multifunctional, results-driven leader, manager, collaborator, and culture builder – able to identify, take advantage of and build on the right opportunities.
- You are able to manage, guide and lead team members to ensure the use of appropriate financial processes.
- You are able to mentor and coach your direct reports to identify skill gaps and recommend training suitable to grow relevant.
- You have the ability to synthesize knowledge, trends, dynamics, and best practices from a range of geographies and industries, and use these to create systems and processes that enable the organisation to capture growth opportunities and become more competitive and profitable.
- You have strong past results in creating and implementing processes, the ability to influence adoption in the team and iterating processes based on learnings.
- MBA/MSc Finance and recognized accounting certifications
- At least 3 years senior manager/controller level experience in a reputable organisation with 9+ years experience in the finance field
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is a plus
- Deep knowledge and use of relevant finance and data reporting tools/software
- Good knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Excel and other MS-word and G-suite tools
- Great attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills.
Deadline: 15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online