Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy QHSE Manager (M/F)
: Africa, Nigeria, Lagos
Contract type: Permanent Contract
- Supports the deployment, implementation and improvement of the Bourbon Quality Management System tailored to fit in line with the quality Management principles stated in the BINL Quality policy, QHSE expectation & Annual Quality Plan.
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators
- Manage, map and optimize the Organization processes and ensures its interfaces with the respective Corporate processes
- Ensure that the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle is applied in all BINL processes, in a continual improvement path.
- Support BINL process owners in developing their process and documentation.
- Manage the Audits and Inspections Program, apply and ensure compliance to the Audit Protocol and manage the certification processes
- Work with Affiliate Purchasing to establish Quality requirements from Affiliate Suppliers, in line with the Audits and Inspections Program
- Liaise with Customers' auditors and ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance with Customers' specifications
- Follow up QHSE events, Situation reports, Root cause analysis, Action point follow-up
- Manage non-conformities, awards, complaints and suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Coordinate planned and extraordinary Quality meetings for improvement actions.
- Incentive all Affiliate employees to provide improvement suggestions.
- Provide QHSE related OSM knowledge and advice to shore-based and offshore personnel.
- Ensure application of BINL QHSE Procedures
- Measure QHSE standards in compliance with HSE related OSM levels
- Assist QHSE Manager in verifying the compliance of QHSE procedures in compliance with OSM drivers 8/9/10.
- Promote the QHSE culture, coach employees on the subject and check implementation.
- Ensure the Quality Management system documentation.
- Ensure Proper Control of Data, Documents and Control of records in line with the GDPR and NDPR.
- Support Client Satisfaction Chain stakeholders shall ensure that customer requirement are defined and are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction
- Creation, management and implementation of ‘Quality & HSE’ campaigns for BINL.
- Conduct ISM, ISPS and MLC Internal Audits as advised by BINL Management.
- Ensure that product which does not conform to product requirements is identified and controlled to prevent its unintended use or delivery.
- Conduct QHSE training courses using internal and external resources when required.
- Maintain awareness of evolving industry QHSE regulations and best practice and how they could be applied to the Company’s operations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for QHSE matters.
- Produce further analysis and reports as may be required by the Directors, or HPI management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Environmental Sciences; Maritime or a degree in any related field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education in the oil and gas, offshore or marine & Logistics Sector.
- ISM/ISPS/MLC Auditor Qualification,
- NEBOSH Diploma or NQV Level 4 Occupational Health and Safety.
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO 9001:2015)
- Professional Institute Memberships such as IOSH, IIRSM, CIQA etc.
- Proficient in Incident Investigations.
- Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 10 years of general experience within the health, safety and environment field.
- Experience working within a multinational organization preferably in Marine / Oil and Gas/ FCMG with knowledge of Business Ethics and Compliance rules and regulation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory QHSE role.
- Conducted >20 audit exercises as an Internal QHSE Auditor,
- Specific experience in developing, managing and auditing of HSSEQ Management Systems within the offshore oil and gas industry and/or the offshore shipping industry.
- Thorough understanding of the operations of jack-up barges or rigs preferably in the offshore sector.
- Extensive understanding of quality assurance, health and safety, environmental management and security management for jack-up barges, rigs or offshore vessels.
- An experienced people manager with the ability to lead, coach and mentor teams.
- Must have analytical experience, be accurate with statistics and written reports, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Has in-depth understanding of international standards and procedures and makes appropriate decisions based on this knowledge.
- Has experience in accident and incident investigation
- Knowledge of security control.
- A team player, with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Systematic and careful in handling confidential, critical and technical data.
- Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage
- Bourbon's employer value proposition
- Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, a leading international player in marine services, Bourbon offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
Minimum level of Education required:
- 3 – Bachelor's degree (3 years)
Minimum level of experience required:
- Over 10 years.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online