FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director, Technical
Job Requisition ID: 2021202513
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment (PCT)
- Under the supervision of the Director (PCT), the Deputy Director-Technical provides leadership and technical support to the EPIC Activity 2 project team in HIV clinical care and reproductive health with primary focus on implementation of comprehensive HIV-COVID integration.
- S / he will lead a coordinated, strategic response to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the EPIC Activity 2 programs and beneficiaries at both the facility and community settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director, PCT to provide technical leadership and technical support related to COVID-19 programming and the clinical management of HIV / AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health / Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
- Oversee the development of strategies for the design and implementation of FHI 360 Nigeria COVID related public health interventions including prevention, immunization readiness and implementation, risk communication and community engagement, surveillance and data management.
- Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOPs are developed and implemented in accordance to FHI 360, USAID, OCAG and Nigerian regulations.
- Assist with the management, development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions.
- Provide technical assistance through the review and / or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Ensure that results from research and published best practices are incorporated into FHI 360 Nigeria’s interventions and contribute significantly to this literature.
- Liaise with Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and other relevant agencies to share information and avoid duplication in the implementation of COVID Nigeria related programming.
- Provide technical guidance for in-country staff and provide input regarding HIV/AIDS, COVID-19 and other programs.
- Represent department and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Remain informed on current programs in the HIV / AIDS, COVID-19, TB and other relevant fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such research for departmental activities.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to COVID-19 implementation and the management of HIV/AIDS programs and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new ones. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD or similar Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV / AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI/ Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: