Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop's proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement
Job ID: 2020-1392
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
- Reporting to the Chief of Party, the DCOP is responsible for helping the COP to meet the project’s technical objectives, manage financial resources, manage program staff, manage partnering agreements, maintain good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, manage donor reporting and ensure a high-quality delivery of services.
- This is a local position and is contingent upon award.
- Under the guidance of the COP, ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program's strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality and reporting requirements
- Participate in the technical and programmatic design of award and partner programs; represent Pact in negotiating with donors and partners
- Help manage project planning, including the production of annual workplans; help guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports
- Support the implementation of a highly adaptive, context-driven programmatic approach
- Ensure a responsive and innovative approach to developing the capacity of civil society organizations and other civic actors
- Ensure the cost-effective use of Pact resources
- Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Under the guidance of the COP, act as liaison to relevant donors and the local government
- As relevant, manage all local grantmaking mechanisms, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Pact policy; coordinate and/or conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity for technical service delivery and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Under the guidance of the COP, help recruit and directly supervise local project staff in line with Pact HR policies; Oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Pact's values are practiced
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, and Development Studies etc.
- At least eight (8) years demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities —three (3) years of which shall have been in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Prior experience in policy advocacy, government monitoring and oversight, or in capacity development.
- In-depth understanding of the role of civil society in development and experience in building capacity for civil society organizations and networks/coalition strengthening.
- Prior experience in awarding and managing grants to local organizations to promote democracy and governance goals.
- Must be tolerant, respectful, and sensitive to Nigeria’s culture.
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Nigeria experience mandatory.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online