Panagora Group is a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Job Opening ID: 508
Job Type: Full
Project/Activity: USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced monitoring advisor for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party
- Under the direction of the Chief of Party, assist the USAID/Nigeria in establishing performance measures, collection and analysis of performance information to be used for decision-making and resource allocation.
- Oversee all aspects of evaluations, including planning and management; participating on evaluation teams as a qualitative researcher; designing programs; and conducting activities to build capacity for USAID/Nigeria and Implementing Partners in M&E methodology.
- Lead consultations with relevant USAID/Nigeria staff and implementing partners.
- Lead the design and application of econometric methodologies in all aspects of the monitoring and evaluation program.
- Lead the application of econometric or other quantitative approaches for assessments, evaluations, baselines, data quality assessments and other M&E data-gathering efforts.
- Supervise long- and short- term technical staff engaged in evaluations and research
- Manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in Development, Evaluation, Economics, Knowledge Management, or related fields.
- Previous experience leading multiple international donor-funded evaluations and assessments; and familiarity with MEL plan and PMP development; remote qualitative and quantitative data collection; remote, field-based and third party monitoring; and knowledge management initiatives
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation – within complex international development contexts in the areas of Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic Growth, Education and/or Agricultural Development; experience working with USAID monitoring and evaluation mechanisms strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct fieldwork in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Deep experience applying USAID regulations and compliance
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.