In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Location : Abuja
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- The Database Officer is responsible for the organization, maintenance and updating of existing STEER Databases and management information systems (MIS) at National, Pepfar and CSO level, such as the National OVC Management Information Systems (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS) USG instance, Pepfar’s Data for Accountability, Transparency & Impact (DATIM).
- As may be required from time to time, she/he will generate data, data tables and reports in order to respond to program and donor reporting requirements, on schedule and as the need arises under the supervision of the Database Manager (DBM).
- Provide support to the DBM to ensure timely submission of donor reports
- Support the planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions for CSOs and STEER M&E Team
- Support the DBM to ensure CSOs understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements
- Provide onsite support for the implementation and updates of the existing MIS systems used by STEER and CSOs comprising NOMIS, DHIS and DATIM and this will include but not limited to onsite installation, set up, data entry procedures and data transmission.
- Provide support for collation and processing of NOMIS data reports and other related reports from the CSOs’
- Support the development of the NOMIS working with the DBM and any external consultant engaged for this process
- Support the collection of GIS coordinates of project site locations and the development of service maps
- Work closely with the DBM in the preparation of monthly, semi annual and annual and ad-hoc reports from CSOs with strict adherence to standards and timelines.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to partners on a regular basis to monitor M&E systems.
- Follow up with CSOs to ensure they participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations.
- Support the development of electronic data entry questionnaires using the inform builder/kobo or any other data collection tool during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Attend relevan STEER technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program management and M&E Staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by superiors
- Demonstrated skills in M&E, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Advanced use of excel is essential.
- Experienced in managing M&E Database including DHIS and NOMIS will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in data analysis in Access and at least on eof the following CSPro, SPSS, EpiInfo or STATA is an added advantage.
- Ability to support partners workin at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets
3rd April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online