- Company: ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) – Fenix International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Department: Central Digital and IT – Data
Reporting line: Head of Data
J ob Purpose / Mission
- We are looking for a talented, full-stack data scientist to join the digital team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets. This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of data scientists and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a mission driven company with social and environmental impact. Candidates will get the opportunity to work in a diverse technology stack at scale.
- Deploy and maintain data pipelines and machine learning models to predict repayment, solar system device performance, credit scoring and other metrics which are key to the business.
- Contribute to design and maintenance of an analytics database to empower data-driven decisions by analysts and strategists across the organization.
- Design randomized, controlled experiments to understand levers available to improve customer repayment.
- Perform analyses, with statistical components as appropriate, for department leaders to evaluate the impact of pilots and other interventions.
- Leverage external data sources to help EEA grow its business and maximize social impact on customers in emerging markets.
- Train team members on data tools / skills to grow data capacity and culture at EEA.
- MA or PhD in a relevant discipline (Data Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, or another relevant STEM field)
Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Python, especially in a data analytics/science capacity (ex. pandas, numpy, sklearn, matplotlib)
- Facility with MySQL/Redshift
- Experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Good knowledge of statistical tests and analysis
- Ability to communicate model outputs and analyses to stakeholders at various levels of technical expertise
- Experience deploying predictive models at scale
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic analysis to impact decisions
- Thrives on teamwork
- Bonus: Experience with financial data or credit scoring
- French or Portuguese is a plus
- Python or R, jupyter notebooks
- Airflow (or other workflow management systems, such as Luigi)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its services, such as, but not limited to, Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, S3, SQS, EC2
- AWS environment: Cloudwatch, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EMR, SQS, EC2
- Statistical analysis and predictive modeling in python (scipy, stats, sklearn, etc)
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- With your cover letter, kindly attach a code sample or link to a github project you have worked on to give us a sense of your coding style.
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or. Our differences are our strengths! ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.