INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Job Code: SR-49-2627
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3 Months (Part time)
Reporting to: Programme Advisor for Sahel and West Africa
Supervision of: N/A
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General Context of the Project
- INTERSOS is a humanitarian organisation that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. With its humanitarian operators, INTERSOS intervenes to timely and effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to vulnerable groups, such as women and children.
- Over the years, INTERSOS has developed activities in multiple sectors, such as protection and psychosocial support, primary health care, distribution of essential goods, shelter, water and sanitation, and education.
- As of February 2022, INTERSOS has operations in 19 countries – from South America to Africa and the Middle East, and is in the process of opening its 20th Mission.
General Purpose of the Position
- The position will support the data management, analysis and reporting to Covax Task Force of the vaccination project on Covid-19 in Borno State, Nigeria.
- Additionally will support the Covax Task Force in the management, analysis and reporting of the data related with the Vaccine Hesitancy Survey (VHS), a survey on the barriers against Covid-19 vaccination among the beneficiaries of INTERSOS.
- Within the Covax programme, the global initiative co-led by WHO, CEPI, Gavi, HCR and UNICEF, INTERSOS wants to better understand which are the barriers against Covid-19 vaccination among its beneficiaries, and how, through its activities, these barriers can be addressed effectively. To do so, the so-called VHS (Vaccine Hesitancy Survey) has been designed and then implemented in Nigeria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon and Burkina Faso.
- The position will manage and analyse the data collected through the VHS, with a special focus on the VHS rolled-out in Nigeria, and produce a final report and evaluation of this tool, highlighting the major concerns and the possible suggestions.
Results to be achieved:
- Delivery of a final report on VHS global and Nigeria;
- Building of a dashboard for Nigeria;
- SWOT analysis/Evaluation of Intersos COVAX initiative in Nigeria
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collection, organisation and reporting of weekly/monthly data on vaccination project activities in Borno state;
- Identification and extrapolation of trends and possible causes.
- Compile and manage, and make available, relevant information related to COVAX, COVID-19 for staff access.
- Support the development of a COVAX – COVID 19 images database, including IEC/BCC material validated and used by INTERSOS Nigeria and partners.
- Data management, analysis and reporting on the global VHS with a special focus on the VHS of Nigeria.
- General support to the Covax Task Force for the analysis
- Participate in the development of interventions/new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps.
- Organisation and management of the data related to the global VHS, with a special focus on the Nigeria VHS;
- Prepare briefs, presentations as/when required capitalizing on data from Intersos COVAX Initiative.
- Support in developing and timely submission of reports and other document requirements.
Geographical area to be covered:
- Covax Nigeria
- Degree in Public Health related field or another appropriate degree.
- Knowledge of health emergencies operations and implementation.
- Highly self-driven while striving for perfection under minimum supervision
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and organize large amounts of data
- Ability to compile and organize findings and data retrieved before presenting it to management
- Management and data administration duties such as collection, analysis, and distribution
- Understand and use properly tool such as Google Data Studio, Kobo, Google Sheets
- Ability to communicate and translate the data collected and analyzed into report and presentation
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
- English Language.
Application Deadline 17th July, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.intersos.org .