- Company: 54Gene Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Nigeria
54gene is a health technology company centered on advancing the field of African genomics to unlock scientific discoveries as well as improve diagnostic and treatment outcomes within Africa and the global community.
Founded in 2019, 54gene utilizes human genetic data derived from diverse African populations, to improve the state of healthcare through large-scale discovery and translational research, advanced molecular diagnostics, and inclusive clinical programs. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of precision medicine for Africans and the global population, by bridging the global health disparity gap.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cybersecurity Risk Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Legal & Compliance
Reports to: Snr. Dir. Cybersecurity
- The Cybersecurity Risk Manager is responsible for identifying industry standards and regulatory guidelines for information security in order to curtail the risk of compromise of sensitive business tools.
- The Cybersecurity Risk Manage should also have effective task management skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- They will be required to maintain security documentation and be able to bridge the gap between technical details and a non-technical audience.
- Identify and address the security risks, perform security risk assessments of new or existing services, applications, technologies and vendors. Document and communicate the findings to the other teams/stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between 54gene and external clients and auditors. Facilitate the audits and risk reviews, and help with the collection of evidence / required audit information, in a timely manner. Respond to the audit findings, and track the remediation process until closure.
- Work with the Legal department, engineering and other key stakeholders to ensure that 54gene Security policies, procedures and controls are aligned with all associated requirements
- Validate the risk and compliance level of various vendors and service providers who access 54gene’s information and assets.
- Review security clauses in contracts. Evaluate 3rd party audit reports / compliance assessments.
Education & Certifications:
- Degree or equivalent Experience in Computer Information Systems
- Security Industry certifications such as CISSP, ISO27001 LI, CISM, CRISC
- 6+ years experience in an IT security related position with at least 4 in IT risk management
- Previous experience managing a team or process
- Extensive experience in managing ISO27001 certification program
- Previous experience in an information security advisory role
- Familiarity with relevant Nigerian Data Protection Regulation and standards such as ISO 27001, ISO9001 and PCI-DSS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership and people management – ability to attract, retain, motivate, coach and develop team members for high performance
- Ability to influence, build relationships, manage conflicts, negotiate
- Business management – understand strategy, business functions, metrics, decision-making and workflow
- Project management – ability to plan and manage successful projects, manage risks, costs, time and teams
- Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle pressure.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.