One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies small holder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Engagement (Customer Service) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description and Role
- As a Customer Engagement Officer, you will be the voice of One Acre Fund Nigeria.
- You will take care of incoming customer calls and also conduct outbound surveys.
Scope of Tasks
- Receiving client phone calls and recording them in the Customer Engagement tracker (perform ticketing when electronic workflow management systems will be implemented).
- Respond to various client questions.
- Collaborate with external departments to find solutions on claims/requests in case you don’t have an immediate response.
- Responsible for making outgoing calls and conduct surveys as requested by Global, BizOps and other departments.
- Review/ quality check SMS blast request received through the google form.
- Prepare and execute SMS blasts as requested.
Data Analysis And Reporting:
- Writing Hotline reports as updates for stakeholders
- Occasionally being called upon to do some light analysis of the data coming into the hotline so that the program may utilize this information.
- Investigate all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to One Acre Fund Nigeria
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations
Field Visit Activities:
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Managers, Field officers and Group Leaders as appropriate
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties
- Arrange any follow-up appointments to help with the investigation
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in finance or a related field, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Relevant work experiences including demanding professional work experience in business, banking or an INGO
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of the OAF core program model
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Demonstrates integrity and a positive attitude
- Language: Fluent in English, Yoruba and/or Hausa/Gbagyi (mandatory) and has a good understanding of local communities and cultures
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers.
- Proven organizational, analytical, communication (oral and written) skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Able to multitask.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office especially Excel and Google Suite for data analysis, presentation and report writing.
- Communication skills: A strong and confident personality, able to communicate clearly and diplomatically.
- Able to handle difficult situations and complaining/demanding clients on the phone.
- Quick learner and a proactive problem solver.
- Exercises confidentiality and possess a high degree of integrity.
- Paid Annual Leave, Pension, Health Insurance, Professional Development Support etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online