- Company: Nutrition International (NI)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children and adolescents. At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Director, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Know Our Team
- Nutrition International’s Operations Unit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of Nutrition International’s core program interventions including program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting, and grant management, including setting annual operational planning, budgeting, and review processes.
- The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our 10 core countries across Asia, Africa and our headquarters in Ottawa.
- The country director position will be responsible for the overall management of the Nigeria country programs within Africa Region.
About The Role
In this role you will be:
- Leading the representation of NI at external meetings and on the process of building, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders (including National State and Local Government, private sector, donors, NGOs, academia, and communities), and seek opportunities for collaboration.
- Ensuring that NI programming activities are harmonized with those of others and facilitate government leadership and ownership in line with the Paris Principles.
- Developing and proposing costed country strategic, implementation, and annual operational plans which are informed by, and responsive to, needs and opportunities in the local landscape.
- Ensuring that all planned and expected programming activities, costs, and results with timelines are recorded and maintained up to date in NI’s systems (contracts database; BOARD; SharePoint etc.).
- Overseeing the management of grant funded programming activities in Nigeria so as to achieve agreed results, program quality and disbursement targets within agreed timelines.
- Closely consulting with the Regional Finance Director to ensure that the financial resources in Nigeria country office cost centre are properly managed in line with NI’s Delegation of Authorities and within approved budgets.
- Providing vision and leadership for NI staff and consultants to ensure effective performance management of NI staff and consultants in line with NI procedures and local legislation.
- Ensuring that the NI office space and environment is appropriate for the number of NI staff in the Nigeria office and work within established parameters to ensure that the NI office space meets country standards for a safe work environment.
- You will have a master’s degree in management, International development, Public Health, Nutrition, or related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in management of programs in public health, nutrition, international development and or related field.
- Significant experience managing complex budgets and large diverse teams in progressively more senior leadership roles.
- At least 5 years’ experience in networking at a high level with international partners and country government is desirable.
- Previous experience as a Country Manager or Director or equivalent role in scope and responsibility for an international NGO is desirable.
- Effective leadership and management skills, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, strong consultative and negotiation skills, and ability to build positive working relationships with government officials, partners, multi-lateral bodies, and donor representatives.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in local language desirable.
What We Offer
- A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities.
- We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Application Closing Date
2nd July, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Nigeria. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
- Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.