Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Cough Officer
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the facility staffs at the different OPDs;
- Provide health Education on TB to all outpatients
- Visit the different OPDs and identify all patients coughing
- Enter the coughers name on the community referral register.
- Escort presumptive TB to the DOTs clinic or where applicable collect the sputum sample from presumptive TB (following Infection Prevention Control guide).
- Ensure the name of the presumptive TB case are captured on the presumptive clinic register
- Ensure sputum specimens are taken to the laboratory and results retrieved for diagnosed patients to commence treatment
- Support active contact tracing for diagnosed TB patients- (refer to SOP on contact tracing)
- Report weekly and monthly using the summary form to the DOTS officer, TBLS and DFB
Education / Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc / B.A in relevant field with at least 1 year work experience in a similar role or OND / NCE in Sciences/JCHEW/CHEW with more than 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Age: Not more than 45 years.
- Previous leadership experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer literacy with knowledge in Microsoft office package.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.