Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Convoy Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Category: Logistics (Land Transport)
- We are looking for a skilled Route Officer to oversee the activities of our vehicles. You will be responsible for the safety of our drivers, trucks, consignment and other road users from the point of loading to the final destination.
- This can only be achieved by obeying traffic rules and regulations.
- Maintains compliance with the approved speed limit of 50km/h and report defaulters.
- Oversee and maintains accuracy and compliance with the required paperwork.
- Enlighten drivers on company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates work hours. This includes scheduling, approving time-off requests, tracking absences and timekeeping.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise drivers on good vehicle use.
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job.
- Keep logs on work and issues.
- Maintain company vehicles in good condition.
- Degree in Transport Management or related field
- 3 – 6 years cognate experience
- Satisfactory completion of DOT medical evaluation and drug tests.
Skills and Competence:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Strong communication skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills, using tact and diplomacy in dealing with subordinates and the general public.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and direct the work of others.
- Willingness to comply with safety regulations.
- Skill in evaluating the current system and recommend new ways of improvements.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online