Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
Damien Foundation Nigeria (DFB) is looking for qualified persons to fill up the position below:
Job Title: Contact Tracer
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to L under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs of Lagos state (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out household contact tracing of confirmed TB cases on treatment within the community
- To screen household members and identify those who are presumptive for TB
- To collect sputum sample from presumptive TB cases and transport them to laboratory sites.
- To collect result from the laboratories to the DOTs facilities.
- Electronic data entry on provided device
- Carrying out any other duties as directed by the Organization
Education / Experience
- Minimum of OND / NCE in Sciences / JCHEW / CHEW / B.Sc in Public Health with more than 3 years work experience in a similar role.
- Previous leadership experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.