The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant: Public Finance Management
Job ID: 13-11001
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Project Director
The RSSH grant commenced implementation in April 2019 and is designed to strengthen the capacity of systems to address health issues in a sustainable, equitable and effective manner, including for HIV, TB and malaria areas through December 2020. The project is focused on addressing health system-wide constraints and driven by the recognition that strong health systems are needed to combat the public health threats posed by these diseases.
The overarching aim of the Global Fund Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic barriers to optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system.
The GF RSSH project focuses on (1) Health Management Information Systems [HMIS], (2) Procurement and Supply Chain Management [PSM], (3) Integrated Service Delivery [LAB]. The Sub-Recipients for these 3 key elements are the Department of Health Planning, Research & Statistics [DHPRS], the National Product Supply Chain Management Program [NPSCMP], and NCDC respectively.
In addition, the RSSH grant supports three states (Imo, Oyo and Kaduna) with interventions in Public Finance Management [PFM], State Health Insurance Scheme [SSHIS], Basic Health Care Provision Fund [BHCPF], Health Labour Market [HLMA] and Quality improvement in Malaria, TB and HIV services for antenatal and Post Natal Care. The Technical Services Organization [TSO] implementing task orders for these interventions are Health Systems Consult Limited [HSCL] and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine [LSTM].
In an attempt to ensure quality deliverables by HSCL for interventions in PFM [TO-2], a consultant would be engaged to support quality assurance efforts including monitoring of activities and remote review of deliverables.
- Description of Services to be provided
- Support monitoring of PFM field activities implemented in Oyo and Kaduna states.
- Support remote review of PFM deliverables from Oyo and Kaduna states.
- Report of field visits of PFM activities in Oyo and Kaduna including recommended quality improvement actions.
- Detailed feedback on review of PFM deliverables from Oyo and Kaduna states including recommended actions.
- Quality vetting of PFM deliverable for Oyo and Kaduna states.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Masters (M.Sc.) in Accounting, Economics, Law, Public Policy or related field
- At least 5 years experience of development of performance management systems, etc.
- Understanding of Global Fund grant implementation requirements
- Experience in management of diverse public and private stakeholders would be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online