Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
We are a national, non-governmental organisation established in 1989 and registered in 1991, with a headquarter in Ibadan and three other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina respectively. Our mission is to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organisations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Our programmes focus on mobilising people for behavioural and attitudinal changes that promote best sexual and reproductive health practices in order to reduce diseases burden, particularly STIs, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis which are currently devastating families and communities in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer (GF TB Project)
Employment Type: Full Time
- Review grant management activities to ensure that financial guidelines of funder organizations and other control procedures on grant management on the project are functioning effectively.
- Carry out pre-payments and post-payments audits of financial transactions to assure compliance with relevant financial guidelines for ARFH and donor.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations/management action plans.
- Carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets etc.
- Ensure that projects can function at a high level of quality while delivering value for money services
- Work with Programme, M & E and finance teams to ensure efficient usage of grant’s funds.
- Carry out financial support of state offices through supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring and oversight visits
- Carry out internal control assessments and site visits to determine weaknesses and their impact on the grant
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field plus any of the following professional accounting certification: ACA or ACCA or CPA.
- Knowledge of Global Fund and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office and accounting software- QuickBooks are highly essential.
- Must be Fluent in English (oral and written).
- At least 5 years’ experience in grant management in a dynamic & multi-cultural non-Governmental organization setting.
- Excellent accounting and auditing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document), explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply
- Applicants who fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Application Deadline 7th May, 2021.