- Company: Chemonics International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Advisor
Career Category: Administration/Finance
Job Description / Scope Of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Compliance Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that addresses all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
- All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Compliance Advisor joins a cross-functional supply chain budget management unit in support of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) and Global Fund projects.
- The Advisor collaborates with compliance, technical, and finance staff to ensure third-party logistics (3PL) invoices are reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Specifically, the Compliance Advisor is accountable for confirming all invoices under review are backed up with sufficient supporting documentation and are in alignment with contractual terms and conditions.
- The Compliance Advisor is also accountable for flagging cases where invoices are insufficiently supported, documenting such feedback in a central tracker, and clearly and consistently communicating such feedback to staff responsible for vendor management and communication.
- Finally, the Compliance Advisor is also accountable for keeping accurate and organized physical and digital files to ensure supervisors have visibility into the status of all invoices under review.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Invoice Review and File Management:
- Review third-party logistics (3PL) invoices against invoice review checklists and standard operating procedures (SOPs); ensure invoices are supported by backup documentation and aligned with contractual terms and conditions.
- Confirm the accuracy of all invoiced charges against applicable contracts and rate cards
- Confirm the presence of contractual deliverables for all invoiced charges and flag non-compliance.
- Keep invoice files organized for smooth retrieval and for onward submission to the Finance department.
- Keep pristine records in the central tracker of outcomes of reviews, including flags raised on incomplete supporting documentation.
- Document in the central 3PL tracker and communicate clear instructions to colleagues on any action required by vendors to provide missing supporting documentation.
Digital Records Management:
- Enter status of the review into the central 3PL tracker; ensure data with respect to the status of invoice reviews and invoice review comments are continually updated and checked for accuracy.
- Monitor compliance of colleagues with data entry processes; ensure data in the 3PL tracker with respect to the status of reviews and invoice comments are updated as invoices proceed through review stages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required; ICAN, ACCA, Certified Fraud Examiner credentials preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant finance, compliance and audit experience required
- Experience working in the logistics industry preferred (warehousing and distribution)
- Experience using project and finance management tools, systems, and trackers required
- Moderate to Expert-level Microsoft application skills required, including Office, SharePoint, and Excel; knowledge of Smartsheet preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Background or proven knowledge in project management preferred
- Ability to solve problems creatively, multitask, work under tight deadlines, and learn new concepts quickly
- Fluency in financial and project management systems
- Leads effective meetings and demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills
- The Compliance Advisor will report directly to the Compliance Manager or designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2022.