- Company: Norwegian Red Cross (NRC)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Delegate – ICRC
- The Norwegian Red Cross is currently looking for a Community Health Delegate who will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Frequent travel in the region will be required. You will be on a Norwegian Red Cross contract and seconded to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) .
- The purpose of the position will be to assist the development and implementation of Norwegian Red Cross’ supported community-based health projects in cooperation with Nigeria Red Cross (NRCS).
Responsibilities of the Community Health Delegate
- Under the line management of ICRC health Coordinator in Abuja, Nigeria, the Community Health Delegate will provide technical support aimed at ensuring quality community-based health programmes. This includes:
- Ensure that NRCS community-based health projects are designed, implemented and monitored in line with established technical standards and overall project management standards
- Contribute proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalise technical approaches and standards for community-based health projects, including community engagement and accountability methodologies
- Assist with the technical capacity strengthening of national society on health-related matters
- Coordinate with and complement the work already done by ICRC in the Primary health Clinic/posts
- Ensure timely implementation and quality monitoring of Norwegian Red Cross supported community health projects through structured and regular monitoring, field visits, follow up and reporting
- Responsibility includes financial management of the project
- Advises the host national society on evidence-based interaction with community members and groups on issues related to diagnostic screenings, sanitation or hygiene, self-care, risk or prevention of conditions and issues related to improving general health
- Provide technical input to the Norwegian Red Cross regional office and ICRC that enables conveying the purposes and services of community health projects to back donors and other stakeholders
Required Education, Experience and Proven Skills
- Master degree in Public Health, preferably combined with relevant field practice
- In-depth understanding of relevant technical standards and the operationalization of technical standards in humanitarian projects
- Strong experience from designing, implementing and managing community health projects in humanitarian settings
- Proven strong experience from project management, including needs assessments, base and end lines, project design, and reporting
- Skills related to building technical capacities of partner organizations
- Driving license (manual gear)
- Advanced understanding of the use of innovative tools and approaches in relevant technical discipline, is an asset
- English work proficiency is required, Arabic and regional languages are an asset
We seek a person who:
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- Adheres to the organizations rules and procedures; execute plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
- Collaborates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Develops people through delegation, empowerment and coaching; promotes career and self-development
- Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable
- We offer a 24 months’ contract, with possibility for extension.
Why Should You Apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part f the world’s largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.